Location: US, KY, LexingtonApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As the OpenText Enterprise Storage and Backup Administrator, you will assist with general maintenance and upkeep of our global storage environment. Included in this; deploying storage changes, working with vendors, maintaining storage backup infrastructure, ensuring performance specifications are met and other duties as directed. You will participate in an on-call rotation to handle production impacting issues. You will report to the Senior Manager of Storage and Backup for Corporate Platforms.
You will support the Operations Organization by employing systematic efforts that translate operational storage needs into configuration specifications which provide a robust, stable and maintainable Corporate Storage Processing and Backup environment, meeting or exceeding all Business Requirements.
You are great at:
• Participating in strategic projects
• Providing oversight of the global storage footprint
• Providing storage forecasts based on usage and trending
• Providing backup related services, including DR activities
• Providing reports required by the business for storage and backup
• Keeping up to date with storage manufacturers product offerings
• Providing Level 3 expertise for break\fix issues
• Ensuring accurate and non-impactful changes are implemented in the production environment by working with technical services storage resources
What it takes:
• Significant experience with Hitachi (HDS), NetApp, VEEAM, EMC storage, Cisco SAN Switches, \ Symantec Netbackup
• Some Hands-on VMware & vSphere Administration and scripting.
• Understanding of system administration, trouble-shooting and performance tuning of RedHat Enterprise Linux, HP-UX, Solaris & Windows Servers.
• B.S. in computer science / information systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of experience with storage administration and 5+ years of IT related experience
• EMC, NetApp, Hitachi and Storage Array installation, configuration and administration
• Storage allocation, upgrades and optimization standards
• Storage Performance Tuning
• Proactive monitoring and tools implementation
• Cisco MDS and Brocade SAN switch installation, configuration and administration
• Storage management tools (ECC, SE, ESRS, SMC/SPA), NetBackup Administration
• 24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act