Location: US, KY, LexingtonApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are looking for a talented Software QA Manager to join the OpenText Exstream Product Development organization. You will lead a team of software quality engineers who use their program coding and testing skills to contribute to our highly successful Customer Communication Management suite of software. You will work across the entire software lifecycle of these products—from design, to development, and through release—using a variety of languages. We are an agile development team with close cooperation across development, quality assurance, documentation, and project management. If you like the idea of developing products that are industry leaders, you could be a good fit.
You are great at:
• Leading software QA organizations focused on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) enterprise software
• Providing Expert understanding of the SDLC and the role of Quality Assurance Engineers in that process
• Demonstrating leadership and excellent communication skills
• Leading a team that is heavily invested in test automation
• Participating and collaborating in requirement discussions with Product Management and other groups in R&D
• Identifying software capability and reliability by conducting functional, system, and performance tests. Report test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, and displaying data. Recommend software changes.
• Providing strong analytical skills, effective problem-solving ability,
• Demonstrating strong interpersonal and teamwork skills in a large, diverse environment
What it takes:
• 5 to 10 years’ experience (or equivalent) managing a software QA organization delivering enterprise commercial-off-the-shelf software
• Expert knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
• Expert knowledge of Agile Software Development Methodology
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with design and development in OO language and debugging software (identifying syntax, coding, and design errors).
• Experience with multi-platform development (Windows, Unix, Linux, IBM Mainframe)
• Ability to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas and improve processes
• Experience with Web application servers such as WAS, BEA, or JBOSS is a plus
• Experience with Message Oriented Middleware (MOM) such as MSMQ, MQ, JMS is a plus
• Experience with SOAP and XML technologies is a plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act