Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Staff Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product architecture, design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities
You are great at:
• Develop and maintain test strategies and test cases while performing all testing activities including functional, integration and regression testing
• Design/Develop/Maintain the Automation Framework. Also setup regular execution test-beds for continuous delivery
• Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently
• Evaluate and communicate test coverage, *red flags- and anomalies to the Scrum team to aid in making the decision to certify releases.
• Work with a diverse set of enterprise applications
• Perform business/requirements analysis and identify requirements traceability
• Have expertise in Scrum and be able to help team members create automation strategies for new features
• Participate in documentation reviews during product release cycle to ensure quality and comprehensive product documentation.
• Participate in monitoring of test execution across multiple code branches and multiple platforms
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent with 8+ years of experience with test-driven, behaviour-driven, or acceptance test-driven developments
• Experience in testing complex enterprise level applications
• Experience with open source automation frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG or Robot, gradle and continuous integration
• Black Box / Grey Box testing experience in testing product API
• Familiarity with data-driven software testing.
• Experience with performance and scalability testing
• Knowledge of bug tracking tools such as Bugzilla and/or Jira
• Knowledge of Java and Apache/Opens Source Projects
• Solid testing experience with SQL and database technologies (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
• Experience in information extraction is a plus
• Experience testing software in both Unix, Linux, and Windows systems
• Good understanding of performance and security aspects of software development
• Experience with SOA, Web Services and SOAP is desirable
• Prior experience using Selenium and JMeter is a plus
• Prior experience in Discovery domain is a plus
• Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Experience with various types of testing including unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, usability and end-to-end testing.
• Capable of understanding and documenting incidents. Effectively manage incident information and test status information to improve product and process.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.