Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
You are great at:
Conducting Performance and scalability assessments on products, integration of products, and solutions in varying deployment architectures
Assessment of Open Text product response time, scalability with usage and data volume changes, configuration and deployment optimization, performance bottleneck analysis, and performance by design research.
Responsibility for design and directing the creation of realistic and high end test environments. These will include use of appropriate data sets, optimal configuration of all products and supporting infrastructure components.
Ensuring complete understanding and effective documentation of performance requirements test plans, and analysis methodologies to will design product usage scenarios that, when run over a volume of requests, determine the responsiveness and scalability of the given operations on the given deployment architecture.
Experience to choose the most effective load test clients and be well versed in resource monitoring tools and techniques in a wide variety of environments.
The ability to find bottlenecks and obstacles the hinder effectiveness of Open Text solutions in large scale deployments is key.
Demonstration of exceptional abilities to diagnose and troubleshoot product and environmental issues as they arise.
What it takes:
- B.Tech / B.E. / MCA with 3+ years of experience in Performance Engineering
- Scripting skills:
•Certification and/or highly experienced with Load Runner / Silk Performer / HP PC
•Experience in scripting applications, that the tool cannot record requests for, would be preferable
- Should be able to perform analysis of client statistics like response times, throughput, hits per second etc.
- Must have good knowledge of HTTP (the protocol)
- Should have resource monitoring (Windows & Unix Environment) & and bottleneck analysis skills such as:
•CPU, Memory, Network and IO monitoring and thorough analysis
•Should have experience in monitoring using Perfmon (Windows) and/or Shell scripts (Linux/Solaris/AIX/HP/ other Unix flavors)
- Should have knowledge in database, network (Internet and Intranet) and operating system concepts.
- Should have knowledge of database servers such as MS SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Should have knowledge of web servers Apache and/or IIS
- Should have knowledge of Application Servers like Tomcat/JBoss
- Should have knowledge of analyzing JVM-Heap dump, Java-thread dumps, CPU and memory profiling data
- Should have good working knowledge of MS-Excel (macros, graphs/charts etc) and MS-Word
Desired skills (not hard requirements):
- Java, C++, C# or .Net programming experience
- Knowledge of tools like JProfiler, JConsole, VisualVM
- Knowledge of TCP/IP communication and tools like Wireshark
- Excellent Communication skills – both written and verbal
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Able to research issues and troubleshoot technical problems
- Able to pick up new products and integrations quickly
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.