Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering you will provide project management and leadership on medium to large scale projects with internal and direct customer impact. Responsible for day-to-day management of Engineering team to ensure technical quality, product quality, and efficient use of resources. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and within agreed upon quality standards. Work closely with cross-functional teams within OpenText and partner with key stakeholders.
You are great at:
• Deliver assigned projects to time, budget and agreed quality standards
• Partner with Product Management, Architecture, Operations, other delivery teams and Release Management to ensure effective launch and delivery of projects to satisfy business needs
• Lead teams to ensure project delivery success
• Build and maintain strong client relationships, internal and external
• Apply best-practices and coding patterns that ensure world-class solutions that are maintainable, modular, and of high code-quality
• Create a culture that insists on meeting expectations and delivering value
• Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
• Grow and manage the skills and talent in the team
• Manage People Resource processes related to objectives definitions, regular check-in, assessment and compensation
• Manage communication cross-functionally and escalate promptly as issues arise
• Facilitate regular Steering Committee meetings and present to senior level management
• Take responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction during project delivery
• Maintain project management documentation including but not limited to project plans, issues, risks, action items, scorecards and project sites.
• Excellent problem solving skills
What it takes:
• Bachelor's degree
• 14+ Years related experience, of which at least 5 years in development, 10+ years of project/program management
• Experience in Analytics and Business Intelligence is a plus
• Strong design and coding experience
• Hands on experience in JAVA/J2EE technologies
• Must be confident, highly motivated and passionate about delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Must have strong organization, communication and planning skills.
• Must have extensive experience managing projects with Agile Scrum methodology.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.