Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
This role is responsible for the product strategy, features, functions and design of the ECM products and applications. S/he is responsible for on time product delivery while ensuring that overarching product goals are met, including documentation and setup logistics such as release engineering.
You are great at:
- Collect and prioritize product requirements (from customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, Sales, Business Development, Global Services, Customer Services, R&D and Program Managers).
- Synthesize and prioritizes across customers’ wants and needs, balancing them with company strategy and capabilities to define the product roadmap.
- Develop and maintain Requirement Specifications and drive the iterative development process of achieving these high level goals.
- Manage and assign tasks to several product managers in the team. This includes performance management and career plans
- Lead the Product Design function in their efforts to develop customer use cases, personas and scenarios, as well as user interface design.
- Assist Product Marketing Managers to execute 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, collateral events and lead-generation programs.
- Plan, implement and maintain roadmap strategy and scheduling.
What it takes:
Experience with Java / J2EE, JSF, XML, Web Services, business intelligence . Experience with Java based aspect oriented programming techniques. Strong / deep understanding of OO design and associated modeling tools; proven experience and bias towards building reusable, resilient components which operate in 24/7 mission critical environments. Strong working knowledge and experience with SQL and the following: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL; tuning and performance optimization experience is a must. Equally strong knowledge of open source technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, etc.
- 6+ years’ experience in defining and managing core products or business applications, either through product management or equivalent activities
- Strong knowledge in ECM products and Applications domain knowledge is desired
- Experience with Cloud & associated technologies
- EPC, Mining, Energy, Oil & Gas vertical Industry background (optional, but advantageous).
- Practical knowledge of agile/iterative development process (optional, but advantageous).
- Experience with market development and product design, software or services delivery for large customers.
- Good understanding of product specifications documentation.
- Able to handle large-scale projects for concurrent initiatives.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, business oriented.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
- Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations.
- Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff.
- Experience in working in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.