Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Open Text is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to be instrumental in the analysis, design, development, deployment and testing of SAP based applications. A position is located at our office in Hyderabad, India. This position requires an experienced hands-on developer who works effectively as part of a team in agile development with demonstrated experience delivering mission-critical operational SAP applications. The candidate must be able to serve as a Principal engineer with a commitment to quality. Candidate will need to work closely with our team in developing solutions and other work products through multiple phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle using SAP technologies and frameworks.
You are great at:
• Responsible for full SDLC of various SAP products in Enterprise Applications portfolio.
• Produce high quality architecture and design specifications.
• Deliver POCs and estimates at short notice on integrations and technology choices
• Guide senior engineers to deliver high quality design and code
• Code complex pieces of framework or integrations
• Propose creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity, and effort to meet requirements.
• Lead software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to standards.
• Mentor ABAP dev team members.
• Work across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
• Participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework.
• Ability to coordinate and lead developmental activities with a team of developers.
What it takes:
• B.E Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant field.
• 14+ years of development experience in SAP ABAP OOPS, Dialog Programming, ABAP Webdynpro, ABAP workflow and testing with SAP products portfolio.
• Experience on SAP Fiori and S/4 Hana will be a definite plus.
• Self-starter and demonstrated team player.
• Motivated to learn new toolsets and accept new challenges.
• Experience with agile software development methodologies (Iterative, XP, Scrum etc.) is a strong plus.
• Experience liaising with groups of people across several geographies
• Excellent communication and time management skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.