Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Principal Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product architecture, design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities. You will join a highly motivated team working in a fast-paced environment where you will partner with equally intelligent and passionate individuals. You will be able to make a major impact on the development of the current offerings as well as help to shape the future of Products & services in AWS cloud
You are great at:
• Lead, drive and implement highly scalable and complex solutions
• Produce high quality code according to design specifications
• Utilize superior analytical skills to troubleshoot and fix highly complex code defects
• Define best practices and standards for database design.
• Serve as a thought leader, mentor and advocate for best practices concerning data Architecture
• Design of the Cloud environments with a focus on AWS and demonstrate Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge, playing a vital role in the design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
• Defines reference and implementation architectures.
• Assesses Technology Portfolio for lifecycle impacts, consolidations and optimization opportunities that best align with business needs
• Serve as the subject matter expert and thought leader in technical areas related to cloud deployments and associated platforms
• Work with Engineers to design solutions to today’s SaaS/cloud exposures in the Enterprise and Service Provider space
• Work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams throughout the company as a subject matter expert in SaaS/Cloud with solution and implementation focus
• Advise on the refactoring and design of pre existing software to help increase its cloud relevancy.
• Documenting and presenting recommendations to both internal and external team members
• Understand the implications of software design and implementation choices on performance and maintainability
• Lead software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards
• Collaborate with Product Owner to plan and prioritize tasks for others to support the achievement of team objectives
• Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
• Lead and/or participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 12 to 15 years of enterprise product development experience
• A strong understanding of Application Architecture, High level and Low level design
• Good knowledge on algorithm design and analysis, including knowledge of data structures and design patterns
• Strong hands on experience in Java, Spring, and J2EE technologies
• Expert in Java, HTML5, CSS/CSS3 and Java Script
• Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure components and experience with Business continuity and long term data management in cloud environments
• Deep experience in Software design and development, Systems Operations / Management; Database architecture, Storage and IT Security
• Knowledge of Cloud Security design and architecture
• Virtualization and Containerization experience
• Experience in the refactoring and design of preexisting software to help increase its cloud relevancy
• 3+ years with cloud computing application implementations on AWS or Azure
• Skilled in Java, Spring, Python/Perl and C/C++ or some variation of these skills
• Good hands-on experience with tomcat
• Strong experience in database design, development and tuning. Experience with JPA/Hibernate
• Good understanding of performance and security aspects of software development
• Exposure to container products such as Docker
• Exposure to Web service technologies (REST or SOAP)
• FedRamp knowledge & FedRamp related certifications is a plus
• CISSP or other Cloud Security related certifications is a plus
• Google cloud experience
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.