Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Principal Software Architect, you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. These would cut across various systems and devices. At the core will be the need to drive future technology implementations.
You are great at:
Produce high quality architecture and design specifications.
• Architecture and design oriented towards multiple devices and platforms
• Detailed technical design for mobile products and applications.
• Deliver POCs and estimates at short notice on integrations and technology choices
• Guide senior engineers to deliver high quality design and code
• Code complex pieces of framework or integrations
• Propose creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity, and effort to meet requirements.
• Lead software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to standards.
• Mentor other team members.
• Work across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
• Participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 12+ years of enterprise product development experience
• Web based platform/application development
• Fundamentally good programming and debugging skills
• Knowledge on Oscript and Content Server is a plus
• Excellent expertise on various DBs like SQL Server, Oracle, HANA & PostGres
• Building and consuming webservices (using RESTful APIs)
• Understanding of performance and security in the mobile and enterprise context
• Responsive design
• Agile methodologies
• Proficiency with Web Services, SOAP, WSDL and XML, XML Schema and XPath
• Proficiency in UI skills
• Good programming practices with solid object-oriented development experience.
• A strong understanding of Application Architecture, High level and Low level design,
Middleware/Application Servers and Infrastructure & the ability to look at product architectural documents and identify potential issues
• Strong hands-on experience with building enterprise applications
• Contribute to the continual improvement of our agile development processes
• Experience liaising with groups of people across several geographies
• Excellent communication and time management skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.