Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Manager Software Engineering, you will Provide leadership, direction, expertise, and hands-on assistance to a team of highly technical Engineers
• You will be part of an agile team, take on complex problems and design and code.
• Working closely with Operations, Product Managers, Engineering Directors, Development teams, and Support teams on all planning, scheduling and execution of releases
• Handles multiple ongoing projects and releases to ensure release of high quality solutions
• Typically, you would have had 10+years of experience architecting and building Enterprise software products with 2+ years of leading a teams
• Experience as Product Owner or Scrum Master of a team is desirable
You are great at:
Providing leadership, direction, expertise, and hands-on assistance to a team of highly technical Engineers building highly scalable and resilient multi-tenant services.
• Initiating/Participating in meetings/discussions related to solution scoping and iteration planning.
• Take the lead role in creation of plans and influence decision on roadmaps and strategies.
• Owning scheduling and directing the efforts of the team members, tracking the progress of the Ongoing projects and communicating issues and results clearly to stake holders on a regular basis.
• Working with management and project teams to identify requirements and priorities for the entire team.
• Managing Engineering teams, including building skills and career growth for individual contributors
• Managing the daily activities of individual contributors and supervisors, accountable for results, responsible for establishing goals and objectives for the work group; typically manages groups with similar technical or functional responsibility
• Provides technical guidance to employees doing engineering design, development, and implementation work by establishing goals that are aligned with established policies and standards
• Overseeing development of Major/Minor releases and hot fixes
• Supporting customers on key escalations
• Interfacing with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present summary of on-going customer escalations
• Working with a variety of groups across multiple disciplines to continuously improve the effectiveness of the organization.
• Agile development, test and release process along with the particular challenges of developing , testing and certifying software solutions
• Full understanding of overall business, domain, Customer needs and competitive environment, including mission and strategic direction of the organization. Ability to lead people, projects, and operations
• Employee development, performance planning and review, counseling, evaluation, and hiring.
• Providing knowledge transfer to team members, train staff personnel, provide on the job guidance and mentoring and conduct training sessions to customer personnel when authorized by management
What it takes:
Requires in-depth technical and operational knowledge within area of responsibility
• Quick learner with strong technical and analytical (problem solving) skills
• Must have a demonstrated track record of managing and shipping *enterprise class- web based applications
• Ability to work across multi-geographic groups and time zones
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and cross-group work experience
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements
• Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in deadline driven environment, and respond creatively to pressure.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.