Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Lead Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex database architecture, design, systems analysis, research, maintenance and troubleshooting. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities.
You are great at:
• Produce high quality database code according to design specifications.
• Detailed database design of highly complex software components.
• Utilize superior analytical skills to troubleshoot and fix highly complex database issues.
• Propose creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity, and effort to meet requirements.
• Lead database design reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards.
• Work across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
• Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
• Lead and/or participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework.
What it takes:
• At-least having 5+ years of experience on database administration on Oracle or PostgreSQL mandatory
• Should have SQL Server knowledge
• Should be able to install Database software and creation
• Should able to work on various backup/restore methods
• Database Performance tuning knowledge should be required
• Should able to work on cloud/VM Linux and windows environments
• Migration between databases including data and PL/SQL will added advantage
• Strong hands-on experience in database designing for enterprise applications
• Contribute to the continual improvement of our agile development processes
• Experience liaising with groups of people across several geographies
• Excellent communication and time management skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.