OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The User Experience Design Senior Visual Designer will work with UXD Interaction Designers and R&D teams on a variety of design projects and is responsible for taking a lead role in the development of creative solutions for various initiatives that include, but is not limited to, in-product branding, iconography, cross-platform user interface design solutions, customized visuals for customer deployments, cross-product UI specifications and style guidelines, identity pieces, presentations, event signage, and web materials (i.e. Internal communities and sites). Works closely with the Visual Design Manager to help develop and refine design strategy and direction.
You are great at:
- Executes work on time and on budget to ensure that all projects are consistent with the corporate brand and identity.
- Engages innovative visual design, layouts, and interactive solutions for OpenText Engineering department to high standards, paying close attention to detail
- Manages the design phase of each project assigned, including the development and execution of design creative with an understanding and focus towards implementing corporate-wide UX and visual design standards
- Deliver visual design and graphics solutions as requested per project. This will include but not be limited to:
- Icon design and production (in size, format and style to be determined per project)
- UI Branding elements (splash screens, banners, etc. in various formats)
- Visual specifications for styling UI components such as message windows, dialog boxes, scrolling controls, menus, etc. (in size and format to be determined per project)
- General theme work, styling, color palettes, etc. as is necessary (in size and format to be determined per project - may include layout guidelines and UX specifications)
- Innovative design explorations pertaining to screen layout of interface elements and general navigation of the product (in size and format to be determined per project)
- Other types of visual/graphic design related services and output (e.g. visuals for training materials, signage, videos, demos, animations, etc. - in size and format to be determined per project)
- Design Guidelines creation and brand maintenance materials specialized for the R&D department (may also include all of the above items, as well as writing and HTML/CSS development as required)
- Manage individual assignments and updates once assigned in project management system
- Adopt standard practices for centralized file/asset management
- Works closely with other Senior Visual Designers and Visual Design Manager to ensure consistent high quality of work.
- Will engage in the review of Junior and Intermediate designer’s work.
- Evaluates relevant design software, processes, and digital publishing, multimedia, print and Web production software.
- Responsible for production design and finished artwork where necessary.
- Performs other design team duties as required.