OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision-making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information.
OpenText provides solutions across the entire range of core EIM capabilities – sophisticated, secure, high-value, and cost-effective – onsite, via mobile devices, private cloud, or in the cloud.
User Experience Designers at Open Text research, design, prototype and test software products that solve critical business needs of our customers. Through a sound understanding of the underlying architecture, product vision and requirements, we create compelling, usable user interfaces for complex enterprise software applications across desktop, web, tablet and mobile platforms. We work as essential development team members in a highly collaborative, agile environment to create industry leading Enterprise Information Management software solutions.
Must be self-motivated with ability to work both independently and in conjunction with other UX team members and product groups. Enthusiasm and flexibility to work on a variety of projects are necessary, as well as the ability to rapidly acquire new domain knowledge. Must have the ability to balance business needs and usability / design ideals within a fast-paced, agile software development environment.
You are great at:
- Maintain sound understanding of the underlying architecture of the system being developed in order to create designs that are both supported and work within defined technical constraints.
- Conceptualize, design and deliver intuitive and compelling designs for a complex, multiplatform (windows desktop, mac desktop, iOS mobile, iOS tablet, Android mobile, Android tablet, blackberry mobile, web/browsers, Java, etc.) product suite that clearly support customer needs and business objectives.
- Work with R&D leadership, Product Management and Architecture teams to create a shared understanding of the impact of technical, architectural, and platform decisions on the user experience.
- Create interactive prototypes as proof of concept of the software product solution, serving as the starting point for requirements validation, conceptual design validation and basis for iterative development activities.
- Work within product development teams to guide and support day to day technical decision making that impacts the user experience.
- Support Program and Product Management by performing user research, developing ongoing relationships with customers to build a shared understanding of their problems and needs.
- Work with Product Management in helping to define requirements that create the product backlog and define the user experience vision for the product.
- Act as subject matter expert on the user experience capabilities, limitations, and tradeoffs presented by various platforms, technologies, and frameworks.
- Identify and create user personas, buyer personas, and usage scenarios.
- Advocate user needs throughout the development lifecycle in an agile/iterative environment to ensure the team develops the right product.
- Validate designs with customers and other stakeholders through usability testing and statistical analysis of results in order to drive iterative improvements throughout the development lifecycle, as well as establish usability test measurements through a standardized scorecard.
- Coordinate among multiple designers supporting a suite of products, line of business or business unit.
- Maintain a cohesive user experience strategy for area of immediate responsibility and coordinate with other designers on cross-company UXD strategy. Researches and evaluates new product UXD support opportunities.
- Participate in customer site visits, beta test visits, customer briefings, customer councils, user group meetings, technical conferences, seminars, etc. as appropriate and as budget permits. Creatively engage with customers via virtual councils, webex sessions, and other remote technologies, especially when limited budget opportunities persist.
- Mentor peers, stakeholders, and teammates on customer-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Contribute to and help champion User Experience Design team initiatives, such as creation of design guidelines, process enhancements, toolkits, etc., fostering a customer-centered culture.
- Bring awareness of competitive software and emerging advances in the User Experience field, including interaction design, usability, user-centered design methods and state-of-the-art user interface technology into the company.