ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Opportunity: As a Staff Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Produce high quality code according to design specifications.
- Detailed technical design of highly complex software components.
- Utilize superior analytical skills to troubleshoot and fix highly complex code defects.
- Propose creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity, and effort to meet requirements.
- Lead software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards.
- Lead and mentor other team members.
- Collaborate with Product Owner to plan and prioritize tasks for others to support the achievement of team objectives.
- Work across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
- Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework.
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid background in Java, J2EE, web services and SOA and REST services.
- Good experience on Mocha, Protractor
- Good experience in ORM, DB tools and frameworks
- Experience in Configuring and working with LDAP and SSO Systems
- Experience in handling performance and Security related aspects of web applications
- Performs design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis and maintenance activities related to software applications.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our agile development processes.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on processes and code.
- Fundamentally good programming and debugging skills
- Strong hands-on experience with building enterprise applications
- Experience liaising with groups of people across several geographies
- Excellent communication and time management skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com