Location: India, Hyderabad
Region: ApjApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Staff Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities.
You are great at:
• Produce high quality code according to design specifications.
• Detailed technical design of highly complex software components.
• Utilize superior analytical skills to troubleshoot and fix highly complex code defects.
• Propose creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity, and effort to meet requirements.
• Lead software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards.
• Lead and mentor other team members.
• Collaborate with Product Owner to plan and prioritize tasks for others to support the achievement of team objectives.
• Work across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
• Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
• Lead and/or participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework.
What it takes:
• 8+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Solid background in Java, J2EE, web services and SOA and REST services.
• Good experience on Mocha, Protractor
• Good experience in ORM, DB tools and frameworks
• Experience in Configuring and working with LDAP and SSO Systems
• Experience in handling performance and Security related aspects of web applications
• Performs design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis and maintenance activities related to software applications.
• Contribute to the continual improvement of our agile development processes.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation on processes and code.
• Fundamentally good programming and debugging skills
• Strong hands-on experience with building enterprise applications
• Experience liaising with groups of people across several geographies
• Excellent communication and time management skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer