Location: India, Hyderabad
Region: ApjApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Staff Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product architecture, design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities.
You are great at:
• Lead, drive and implement highly scalable and complex solutions
• Produce high quality code according to design specifications
• Utilize superior analytical skills to troubleshoot and fix highly complex code defects
• Define best practices and standards for database design.
• Serve as a thought leader, mentor and advocate for best practices concerning data Architecture
• Lead software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards
• Collaborate with Product Owner to plan and prioritize tasks for others to support the achievement of team objectives
• Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
• Lead and/or participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of enterprise product development experience
• Strong OOD and Java programming experience is required
• A strong understanding of Application Architecture, High level and Low level design
• Good knowledge on algorithm design and analysis, including knowledge of data structures and design patterns
• Fundamentally good programming and debugging skills
• Strong hands on experience in Java, Spring, and J2EE technologies
• Expert in Java, HTML5, CSS/CSS3 and Java Script framework - AngularJS
• Good hands-on experience with tomcat
• Strong experience in database design, development and tuning. Experience with JPA/Hibernate
• Good understanding of performance and security aspects of software development
• Exposure to Apache Camel
• Good hands-on experience using regular expressions
• Experience in information extraction is a plus
• Exposure to Gradle build automation and TestNG test automation
• Exposure to container products such as Docker
• Exposure to Web service technologies (REST or SOAP)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.