Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a AWS/DevOps Systems Engineer, your mission will be to use cutting edge technology to build and automate a highly efficient, flexible and fault-tolerant AWS infrastructure. You should be highly motivated and talented engineer with a strong desire to learn and grow their skills managing and automating cloud environments. You will be responsible for all aspects of the infrastructure, such as networking, storage, monitoring, capacity planning, load balancing, disaster recovery etc. and work continuously with other DevOps teams.
You are great at:
• Lead, drive and implement highly scalable and complex solutions
• Both systems administration, coding experience, and a strong desire to expand their experience architecting and implementing cloud solutions
• Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
• Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
• Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy new VPCs and server instances
• Work closely with developers to implement continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
• Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
• Build tools and processes to support the infrastructure
What it takes:
• Engineering Bachelor degree and 8+ Years of general Systems Administrator experience
• Strong experience on the following
o AWS services like EC2, Load Balancers, auto scaling groups, lambda, VPC, Subnets, Security groups, RDS, CloudWatch, Cloud formation.
o Python with Boto library + Test cases using Moto library
o Saltstack, Puppet and Ansible.
o Windows and Linux systems administration
o Shell/PowerShell scripting, JSON, YAML, Ruby.
o Build automation deployment experience; thorough understanding of configuration management concepts
• Experience in build and extend monitoring and dashboard solutions (Nagios/Icinga, Splunk, Jenkins) for internal and external clients.
• Multiple Monitoring, escalation and root cause analysis for infrastructure issues
• Capacity planning around performance, elasticity, cloud service limits
• Data Security & Privacy: audits, RFPs, documentation, snapshots and replication, intra- and inter-region Disaster Recovery and fault tolerance plans and testing,
• AWS Disaster Recovery design and deployment across regions a plus
• Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
• Familiarity working in an Agile environment and demonstrated success with structured testing practices such as automated unit testing, regression testing, TDD and continuous delivery
• Experience with distributed and scalable software architectures
• Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
• Experience in administrating version control systems such as Mercurial, Git.
• Experience in using Docker/Kubernetes technologies.
• Basic DB experience in PostgreSQL.
• Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional certification is preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.