Senior Software Engineer, QA Automation
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. You are great at:
- Develop and execute test plans against functional and technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain test strategies and test cases while performing all testing activities including functional, integration and regression testing.
- Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently.
- Log defects in a detailed, understandable and reproducible way, tracking all assigned defects through to closure and interacting with members of the development team to resolve discovered defects
- Create, maintain, perform, and upgrade test scripts as well as analyze test cases and provides regular progress reports
- Evaluate and communicate test coverage, *red flags- and anomalies to the Scrum team to aid in making the decision to certify releases.
- Perform business/requirements analysis and identify requirements traceability
- Take ownership of assigned product module QA efforts.
- Build, maintain and administer a controlled test environment
What it takes:
- 2+ years of product development Industry experience
- 2 years of experience in testing complex enterprise level applications.
- Experience in Test Automation, Black and White box testing.
- Hands on experience with open source testing tools
- Experience in mobile/Cloud testing
- Detail oriented with strong people (active listening) skills and is resourceful in issue resolution
- Strong Analysis and Communication Skills
- Quick learner and creative problem solver who can often work independently with little supervision and as part of a team
- Understands iterative software development life cycle and Agile methodologies, such as Scrum.
- Knowledge of Software Testing techniques (boundary value analysis, Cartesian products, decision analysis) and methodologies.
- Experience in BPM domain will be an advantage
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.