Senior Software Engineer, Java UI
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. You are great at:
- Should be able to independently (or with minimal help) develop software of average technical complexity.
- Responsible for timely delivery as agreed within the project without compromising on product quality
- Able to provide bottom up estimates for the assigned parts of work
- Interacts well with peers and communicates in a clear and concise manner both verbally and written on his/her work.
- Actively participate and contribute to analysis, design, planning, processes, etc., Raise issues where needed and create sensitivity towards timely resolution of problems.
- Adopt agile development methodologies and test driven development practices.
- Expected to learn and deploy new technologies as needed
What it takes:
- Should have good problem solving, analytical, design and coding skills.
- He/she should be strong in Core Java, JDBC, SQL,XML
- Familiarity with full software development lifecycle and software estimation is a must.
- Furthermore, the Software Engineer possesses good working knowledge on:
- Distributed and Service Oriented Architecture
- W3C standards, Object Orientation, SQL, Databases, data modeling
- Writing (parts of) Technical Designs
- Knowledge in BPM Domain and Products nice to have.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.