Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
This role is responsible for the product strategy, features, functions and design of the ECM products and applications. S/he is responsible for on time product delivery while ensuring that overarching product goals are met, including documentation and setup logistics such as release engineering. Emphasis is also placed on roll-out activities such as Pre-sales, Global Services, Learning Services, the Support organization, and key partners, in order to produce the repeatable services and business content required to successfully deploy each product/application. S/he is responsible for the delivery of technical training where required to Learning Services, Global Services, and the Support Organization. S/he is will be the main advocate for the products thru Marketing activities and analyst relations by providing domain knowledge.
You are great at:
• Collect and prioritize product requirements (from customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, Sales, Business Development, Global Services, Customer Services, R&D and Program Managers).
• Synthesize and prioritizes across customers’ wants and needs, balancing them with company strategy and capabilities to define the product roadmap.
• Develop and maintain Requirement Specifications and drive the iterative development process of achieving these high level goals.
• Manage and assign tasks to several product managers in the team. This includes performance management and career plans
• Lead the Product Design function in their efforts to develop customer use cases, personas and scenarios, as well as user interface design.
• Assist Product Marketing Managers to execute 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, collateral events and lead-generation programs.
• Plan, implement and maintain roadmap strategy and scheduling.
• Maintain day to day contact with the software development group to refine and revise Product Specifications and implementation details, based on an agile/iterative development process; encouraging the team to innovate within the boundaries of market segments, personas, goals, and problems to solve.
• Provide input to QA for creation of test plans and certification criteria.
• Assist the Documentation group in developing released documentation and on-line help.
• Assist Education Services group in developing a training program to educate customers and Open Text internal audiences on the details of the product/application.
• Evangelize product/applications at trade shows, webinars and user group meetings.
• Support Technical Marketing in setting up products and applications demo environments
• Work with key customers to acquire and respond to product feedback for future product releases, and communicate roadmap details.
• Understand product competitors and support development of competitive responses for sales and marketing.
• Manage full product life cycles including
• Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
• Support the development of relationships with partners around the product functionality-VARs, services vendors, distributors, market influencers
• Act as a contact point for Customer Services in regards to feature and enhancement requests coming from customers.
• Perform sales support activities including product demonstrations, proof of concept development, presentations.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Services engagements working as part of a project delivery team.
• Participate in contract negotiations whereby focus is on the technology component.
• Support Sales/Customer Services/Global Services in regards to critical escalations.
Technical Proficiency : Experience with Java / J2EE, JSF, XML, Web Services, business intelligence . Experience with Java based aspect oriented programming techniques. Strong / deep understanding of OO design and associated modeling tools; proven experience and bias towards building reusable, resilient components which operate in 24/7 mission critical environments. Strong working knowledge and experience with SQL and the following: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL; tuning and performance optimization experience is a must. Equally strong knowledge of open source technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, etc.
What it takes:
• 8 to 11 years experience in defining and managing core products or business applications, either through product management or equivalent activities
• Strong knowledge in BPM products and Applications domain knowledge is mandatory
• Experience with Mobile, Cloud, Social Networking & associated technologies
• Vertical Industry background (optional, but advantageous).
• Practical knowledge of agile/iterative development process (optional, but advantageous).
• Experience with market development and product design, software or services delivery for large customers.
• Good understanding of product specifications documentation.
• Able to handle large-scale projects for concurrent initiatives.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies.
• Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, business oriented.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations.
• Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff.
• Experience in working in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent level
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer