ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Opportunity: This role is responsible for the product strategy, features, functions and design of the ECM products and applications. S/he is responsible for on time product delivery while ensuring that overarching product goals are met, including documentation and setup logistics such as release engineering. Emphasis is also placed on roll-out activities such as Pre-sales, Global Services, Learning Services, the Support organization, and key partners, in order to produce the repeatable services and business content required to successfully deploy each product/application. S/he is responsible for the delivery of technical training where required to Learning Services, Global Services, and the Support Organization. S/he is will be the main advocate for the products thru Marketing activities and analyst relations by providing domain knowledge.
You are great at:
- Collect and prioritize product requirements (from customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, Sales, Business Development, Global Services, Customer Services, R&D and Program Managers).
- Synthesize and prioritizes across customers’ wants and needs, balancing them with company strategy and capabilities to define the product roadmap.
- Develop and maintain Requirement Specifications and drive the iterative development process of achieving these high level goals.
- Manage and assign tasks to several product managers in the team. This includes performance management and career plans
- Lead the Product Design function in their efforts to develop customer use cases, personas and scenarios, as well as user interface design.
- Assist Product Marketing Managers to execute 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, collateral events and lead-generation programs.
- Plan, implement and maintain roadmap strategy and scheduling.
- Maintain day to day contact with the software development group to refine and revise Product Specifications and implementation details, based on an agile/iterative development process; encouraging the team to innovate within the boundaries of market segments, personas, goals, and problems to solve.
- Provide input to QA for creation of test plans and certification criteria.
- Assist the Documentation group in developing released documentation and on-line help.
- Assist Education Services group in developing a training program to educate customers and Open Text internal audiences on the details of the product/application.
- Evangelize product/applications at trade shows, webinars and user group meetings.
- Support Technical Marketing in setting up products and applications demo environments
- Work with key customers to acquire and respond to product feedback for future product releases, and communicate roadmap details.
- Understand product competitors and support development of competitive responses for sales and marketing.
- Manage full product life cycles including
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Support the development of relationships with partners around the product functionality-VARs, services vendors, distributors, market influencers
- Act as a contact point for Customer Services in regards to feature and enhancement requests coming from customers.
- Perform sales support activities including product demonstrations, proof of concept development, presentations.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Services engagements working as part of a project delivery team.
- Participate in contract negotiations whereby focus is on the technology component.
- Support Sales/Customer Services/Global Services in regards to critical escalations.
Experience with Java / J2EE, JSF, XML, Web Services, business intelligence . Experience with Java based aspect oriented programming techniques. Strong / deep understanding of OO design and associated modeling tools; proven experience and bias towards building reusable, resilient components which operate in 24/7 mission critical environments. Strong working knowledge and experience with SQL and the following: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL; tuning and performance optimization experience is a must. Equally strong knowledge of open source technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, etc.