OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
This role is responsible for the overall product strategy, features, functions and design of the Business Process Management products and applications. S/he is responsible for on time product delivery while ensuring that overarching product goals are met, including documentation and setup logistics such as release engineering. Emphasis is also placed on roll-out activities such as Pre-sales, Global Services, Learning Services, the Support organization, and key partners, in order to produce the repeatable services and business content required to successfully deploy each product/application. S/he is responsible for the delivery of technical training where required to Learning Services, Global Services, and the Support Organization. S/he is will be the main advocate for the products thru Marketing activities and analyst relations by providing domain knowledge.
- Collect and prioritize product requirements (from customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, Sales, Business Development, Global Services, Customer Services, R&D and Program Managers).
- Synthesize and prioritizes across customers’ wants and needs, balancing them with company strategy and capabilities to define the product roadmap.
- Develop and maintain Requirement Specifications and drive the iterative development process of achieving these high level goals.
- Manage and assign tasks to several product managers in the team. This includes performance management and career plans
- Lead the Product Design function in their efforts to develop customer use cases, personas and scenarios, as well as user interface design.
- Assist Product Marketing Managers to execute 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, collateral events and lead-generation programs.
- Plan, implement and maintain roadmap strategy and scheduling.
- Maintain day to day contact with the software development group to refine and revise Product Specifications and implementation details, based on an agile/iterative development process; encouraging the team to innovate within the boundaries of market segments, personas, goals, and problems to solve.
- Provide input to QA for creation of test plans and certification criteria.
- Assist the Documentation group in developing released documentation and on-line help.
- Assist Education Services group in developing a training program to educate customers and OpenText internal audiences on the details of the product/application.
- Evangelize product/applications at trade shows, webinars and user group meetings.
- Support Technical Marketing in setting up products and applications demo environments
- Work with key customers to acquire and respond to product feedback for future product releases, and communicate roadmap details.
- Understand product competitors and support development of competitive responses for sales and marketing.
- Manage full product life cycles including
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Support the development of relationships with partners around the product functionality-VARs, services vendors, distributors, market influencers
- Act as a contact point for Customer Services in regards to feature and enhancement requests coming from customers.
- Perform sales support activities including product demonstrations, proof of concept development, presentations.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Services engagements working as part of a project delivery team.
- Participate in contract negotiations whereby focus is on the technology component.
- Support Sales/Customer Services/Global Services in regards to critical escalations.