Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
This role is responsible for the overall product strategy, features, functions and design of the Business Process Management products and applications. The successful candidate is responsible for on time product delivery while ensuring that overarching product goals are met, including documentation and setup logistics such as release engineering. Emphasis is also placed on roll-out activities such as Pre-sales, Global Services, Learning Services, the Support organization, and key partners, in order to produce the repeatable services and business content required to successfully deploy each product/application. You are responsible for the delivery of technical training where required to Learning Services, Global Services, and the Support Organization. You will be the main advocate for the products thru Marketing activities and analyst relations by providing domain knowledge.
You are great at:
• Collect and prioritize product requirements (from customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, Sales, Business Development, Global Services, Customer Services, R&D and Program Managers).
• Synthesize and prioritizes across customers’ wants and needs, balancing them with company strategy and capabilities to define the product roadmap.
• Develop and maintain Requirement Specifications and drive the iterative development process of achieving these high level goals.
• Manage and assign tasks to several product managers in the team. This includes performance management and career plans
• Lead the Product Design function in their efforts to develop customer use cases, personas and scenarios, as well as user interface design.
• Assist Product Marketing Managers to execute 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, collateral events and lead-generation programs.
• Plan, implement and maintain roadmap strategy and scheduling.
• Maintain day to day contact with the software development group to refine and revise Product Specifications and implementation details, based on an agile/iterative development process; encouraging the team to innovate within the boundaries of market segments, personas, goals, and problems to solve.
• Provide input to QA for creation of test plans and certification criteria.
• Assist the Documentation group in developing released documentation and on-line help.
• Assist Education Services group in developing a training program to educate customers and OpenText internal audiences on the details of the product/application.
• Evangelize product/applications at trade shows, webinars and user group meetings.
• Support Technical Marketing in setting up products and applications demo environments
• Work with key customers to acquire and respond to product feedback for future product releases, and communicate roadmap details.
• Understand product competitors and support development of competitive responses for sales and marketing.
• Manage full product life cycles including
• Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
• Support the development of relationships with partners around the product functionality-VARs, services vendors, distributors, market influencers
• Act as a contact point for Customer Services in regards to feature and enhancement requests coming from customers.
• Perform sales support activities including product demonstrations, proof of concept development, presentations.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Services engagements working as part of a project delivery team.
• Participate in contract negotiations whereby focus is on the technology component.
• Support Sales/Customer Services/Global Services in regards to critical escalations.
What it takes:
• 14+ years’ experience in defining and managing core products or business applications, either through product management or equivalent activities
• Strong knowledge in BPM products and Applications domain knowledge is mandatory
• Experience with Mobile, Cloud, Social Networking & associated technologies
• Vertical Industry background (optional, but advantageous).
• Practical knowledge of agile/iterative development process (optional, but advantageous).
• Experience with market development and product design, software or services delivery for large customers.
• Good understanding of product specifications documentation.
• Able to handle large-scale projects for concurrent initiatives.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies.
• Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, business oriented.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations.
• Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff.
• Experience in working in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent level
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer