OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Opportunity: The Technical Product Manager is responsible for the release planning and execution throughout the product development lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working closely with engineering, and product management to enhance existing products to developing new products for the company.
You are great at:
- Be the Product Owner for technical deliverables; writing user stories, acceptance criteria, stocking, grooming and prioritizing backlogs, producing release plans and epic roadmaps, running show and tells
- Work with developers and architects to ensure their requirements are collated and prioritized alongside product requirements
- Single point of contact for clarification of requirements for development teams
- Establish and deploy robust requirement-gathering processes to define product requirements as well as build continuous feedback
- Proactively identify issues impacting the product line and recommend next steps/solutions
- Continuously improve the product development process, incorporating lessons learned and best practices
- Manage product dashboard and communications to internal teams
- Liaise with product manager to understand the features and changes in product requirements and support the release planning and sprint planning exercises
- Understand Agile estimation approaches and allow the team to manage itself
- Experience in Java based object oriented programming techniques, J2EE, Web services (RESTFul and SOAP)
- Must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- An understanding of software development processes and ability to work closely with development teams and Product Management teams
- Knowledge of eDiscovery/Contract Analysis/Enterprise Search products and applications is highly desirable
- Strong / deep understanding of OO design and associated modelling tools; proven experience and bias towards building reusable, resilient components, which operate in 24/7, mission critical environments.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with SQL and the following: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server