Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Principal Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product architecture, design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities.
You are great at:
• Lead, drive and implement highly scalable and complex solutions
• Produce high quality code according to design specifications
• Utilize superior analytical skills to troubleshoot and fix highly complex code defects
• Define best practices and standards for database design.
• Serve as a thought leader, mentor and advocate for best practices concerning data Architecture
• Lead software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards
• Collaborate with Product Owner to plan and prioritize tasks for others to support the achievement of team objectives
• Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
• Lead and/or participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework
What it takes:
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum development model
• Strong OOD and 12 + years in Java programming experience is required
• Strong knowledge on algorithm design and analysis, including knowledge of data structures and design patterns
• RDBMS experience is required at least with one of the database: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL or DB2
• Experience working with Eclipse development environment is required
• Knowledge of Eclipse BIRT or similar reporting technologies a plus
• Knowledge/experience with SWT/JFACE/GEF
• Experience working with at least one of the following application servers is strongly preferred: Tomcat, JBoss, Oracle application server/web logic, web sphere
• Experience/knowledge of Soap API and/or Restful API are strongly preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.