ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
OVERVIEW: As a Principal Software Architect, you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. These would cut across various systems and devices. At the core will be the need to drive future technology implementations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Produce high quality architecture and design specifications.
- Architecture and design oriented towards multiple devices and platforms
- Detailed technical design for mobile products and applications.
- Deliver POCs and estimates at short notice on integrations and technology choices
- Guide senior engineers to deliver high quality design and code
- Code complex pieces of framework or integrations
- Propose creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity, and effort to meet requirements.
- Lead software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to standards.
- Mentor other team members.
- Work across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
- Participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years of enterprise product development experience
- Web based platform/application development
- Fundamentally good programming and debugging skills
- Knowledge on Oscript and Content Server is a plus
- Excellent expertise on various DBs like SQL Server, Oracle, HANA & PostGres
- Building and consuming webservices (using RESTful APIs)
- Understanding of performance and security in the mobile and enterprise context
- Responsive design
- Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with Web Services, SOAP, WSDL and XML, XML Schema and XPath
- Proficiency in UI skills
- Good programming practices with solid object-oriented development experience.
- A strong understanding of Application Architecture, High level and Low level design,
- Middleware/Application Servers and Infrastructure & the ability to look at product architectural documents and identify potential issues
- Strong hands-on experience with building enterprise applications
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our agile development processes
- Experience liaising with groups of people across several geographies
- Excellent communication and time management skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com