ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality. The Opportunity:
The OpenText Senior Storage Administrator will assist with general maintenance and upkeep of our global storage environment. Included in this; deploying storage changes, working with vendors, maintaining storage backup infrastructure, ensuring performance specifications are met and other duties as directed. This person will participate in an on-call rotation to handle production impacting issues. The OpenText Senior Storage Administrator will report to the Senior Manager of Storage focusing on commercial business. You are great at:
Supporting the Operations Organization by employing systematic efforts that translate operational storage needs into configuration specifications which provide a robust, stable and maintainable Production Storage Processing environment, meeting or exceeding all Business Requirements.
Participate in strategic projects
Provide oversight of the global storage footprint
Provide storage forecasts based on usage and trending
Keep up to date with storage manufacturers product offerings
Provide Level3 expertise for break\fix issues
Ensure accurate and non-impactful changes are implemented in the production environment by working with technical services storage resources
24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis
What it takes:
* B.S. in computer science / information systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5-8 years progressively responsible experience in;
* EMC, Netapp, Hitachi and HP 3Par Storage Array installation, configuration and administration
* Storage allocation, upgrades and optimization standards
* Storage Performance Tuning
* Proactive monitoring and tools implementation
* Cisco MDS and Brocade SAN switch installation, configuration and administration
* SRDF/DR , Storage management tools (ECC, SE, ESRS, SMC/SPA), NetBackup Administration
* Experience with EMC’s Isilon, VMAX, VNX, Symmetrix and Celerra platforms, Hitachi (HDS), 3PAR storage, NetApp, Cisco SAN Switches & Avamar and DataDomain.
* Hands-on VMware & vSphere Administration and scripting.
* Understanding of system administration, trouble-shooting and performance tuning of RedHat
Enterprise Linux, HP-UX, Solaris & Windows Servers.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com