ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Opportunity: As a AWS/DevOps Systems Engineer, your mission will be to use cutting edge technology to build and automate a highly efficient, flexible and fault-tolerant AWS infrastructure. You should be highly motivated and talented engineer with a strong desire to learn and grow their skills managing and automating cloud environments. You will be responsible for all aspects of the infrastructure, such as networking, storage, monitoring, capacity planning, load balancing, disaster recovery etc. and work continuously with other DevOps teams.
You are great at:
- Lead, drive and implement highly scalable and complex solutions
- Both systems administration, coding experience, and a strong desire to expand their experience architecting and implementing cloud solutions
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy new VPCs and server instances
- Work closely with developers to implement continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Build tools and processes to support the infrastructure
What it takes:
- CS/Engineering Bachelor degree and 8+ Years of general Systems Administrator experience
- Strong hands-on technical skills including demonstrable coding/scripting skills in Python, Bash / Shell. Skill in Python is preferred.
- Familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs using the Boto library; experience with networking, properly architecting high availability systems, and security in an AWS context, and such AWS technologies as EC2, RDS, S3/EBS/Glacier, VPC, ELB
- Working with Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, Docker or similar build automation deployment experience; thorough understanding of configuration management concepts
- Strong experience in Linux and Windows systems administration
- Build and extend monitoring and dashboard solutions (Nagios/Icinga, Splunk) for internal and external clients.
- Multiple Monitoring, escalation and root cause analysis for infrastructure issues
- Capacity planning around performance, elasticity, cloud service limits
- Data Security & Privacy: audits, RFPs, documentation, snapshots and replication, intra- and inter-region Disaster Recovery and fault tolerance plans and testing,
- AWS Disaster Recovery design and deployment across regions a plus
- Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment and demonstrated success with structured testing practices such as automated unit testing, regression testing, TDD and continuous delivery
- Experience with distributed and scalable software architectures
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Experience administrating version control systems such as Mercurial, Git.
- Basic DB administration experience (Postgres, Oracle and SQL Server).
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional certification is preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org