ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality. The Opportunity:
As a Staff Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product architecture, design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities.
- Develop and maintain test strategies and test cases while performing all testing activities including functional, integration and regression testing
- Design/Develop/Maintain the Automation Framework. Also setup regular execution test-beds for continuous delivery
- Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate and communicate test coverage, *red flags- and anomalies to the Scrum team to aid in making the decision to certify releases.
- Work with a diverse set of enterprise applications
- Perform business/requirements analysis and identify requirements traceability
- Have expertise in Scrum and be able to help team members create automation strategies for new features
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent with 8+ years of experience with test-driven, behaviour-driven, or acceptance test-driven developments
- Experience in testing complex enterprise level applications
- Experience with open source automation frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG or Robot
- Black Box / Grey Box testing experience in testing product API (Java)
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools such as Bugzilla and/or Jira
- Knowledge of Java and Apache/Opens Source Projects
- Solid testing experience with XML technologies (XML, XSL, XSD, DOM, SAX)
- Solid testing experience with SQL and database technologies (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience testing software in both Unix, Linux, and Windows systems
- Good understanding of performance and security aspects of software development
- Experience with SOA, Web Services and SOAP is desirable
- Prior experience using Selenium and JMeter is a plus
- Prior experience in Search domain is a plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org