Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Lead Software Engineer you will be responsible for the following development tasks: Design complex components, create precise development specifications, implement specifications and corresponding unit tests, produce accurate work estimates, perform maintenance on software, and articulate technical documentation.
You are great at:
• Produce high quality code according to design specifications.
• Detailed technical design of highly complex software components.
• Utilize superior analytical skills to troubleshoot and fix highly complex code defects.
• Propose creative solutions or alternatives balancing risk, complexity, and effort to meet requirements.
• Code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards.
• Collaborate with other team members.
• Collaborate with different Product Owners to plan and prioritize tasks for others.
• Work across teams and functional roles to ensure interoperability among other products, including training and consultation.
• Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
• Lead and/or participate in the software development process from design to release in an Agile Development Framework.
What it takes:
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Solid experience in commercial software development that interacts with databases (Oracle, SQL Server and Postgres), skilled on -
• Query design and optimization
• Database table/index design and stored procedures
• Tuning for large files or metadata transactions & investigating performance issues
• Decent exposure on ASP.NET
• Implementation experience of REST server, consuming REST services, knowledge of SOA
• Experienced in handling performance and Security related aspects of web applications
• Performs design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis and maintenance activities related to large software applications distributed in cross domain landscape
• Contributes to the continual improvement of our agile development processes
• Maintains up-to-date documentation on processes and code
• Excellent programming and troubleshooting skills with strong hands-on experience with building enterprise applications & experience liaising with groups of people across several geographies
• Excellent communication and time management skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.