Lead Software Engineer, Java
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information.
You are great at:
- Should be able to independently develop complex software.
- Responsible for timely delivery as agreed within the project without compromising on product quality
- Takes ownership of code quality. Actively and effectively reviews source code, takes defect prevention steps in software developed.
- Able to provide bottom up estimates for the assigned parts of work
- Interacts well with peers and communicates in a clear and concise manner both verbally and written on his/her work.
- Actively participate and contribute to analysis, design, planning, processes, etc., Raise issues where needed and create sensitivity towards timely resolution of problems.
- Adopt agile development methodologies and test driven development.
What it takes:
BE/ B.Tech/ MCA/ M.Tech/ MBA/MSc Computer Science.
- Should have very good problem solving, analytical, design and coding skills.
- He/she should be strong in object oriented analysis with good work experience in Java or AJAX technologies
- Knowledge of XML and web services is mandatory.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle and software estimation is a must.
Furthermore, as a lead software engineer possesses in depth technical knowledge on:
• Service Oriented Architecture
• W3C standards
• Object Orientation
• Databases, data modeling
• Writing (parts of) Technical Designs
• (Regression) Testing
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.