ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Opportunity: As a Lead Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product architecture, design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership.
You are great at:
- Produce high quality code according to design specifications
- Utilize superior analytical skills to troubleshoot and fix highly complex code defects
- Define best practices and standards for database design.
- Serve as a thought leader, mentor and advocate for best practices concerning data Architecture
- Lead software design/code reviews to ensure quality and adherence to company standards
- Provide status updates to stakeholders and escalates issues when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of enterprise product development experience
- Strong OOD, Java, ESB, OSGi and C++ programming experience is required
- Good knowledge on algorithm design and analysis, including knowledge of data structures and design patterns
- Fundamentally good programming and debugging skills
- Strong hands on experience in Java, Spring, J2EE and .NET technologies
- Expert in Java, HTML5, CSS/CSS3, AngularJS and Java Script
- Good hands-on experience with tomcat
- Strong experience in database design, development and tuning. Experience with JPA/Hibernate
- Good understanding of performance and security aspects of software development
- Exposure to build automation and TestNG test automation
- Exposure to container products such as Docker
- Exposure to Web service technologies (REST or SOAP)
- Good communication skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org