Location: India, BengaluruApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Provides technical and consultative assistance on engagements involving implementing the Documentum product suite for our world-wide customers. Understands customer requirements, conducts detailed technical design, determines level of effort & implementation approach, performs installation, development & integration and prepares technical documentation. Key responsibility is to assist the project manager and other senior staff as part of consulting engagements to evaluate client needs, assess implementation options, propose appropriate solutions and ensure delivery quality. Capable of performing assigned tasks with minimal supervision. Provides assistance and guidance to junior staff members in solving technical implementation issues.
You are great at:
• Support and report to engagement project manager while assigned to active customer engagements. Regularly communicate status to the engagement project manager and proactively identify issues and preventive/remedial measures
• Establishes relationships with client technical counterparts. Participates in client meetings related to solution scoping and planning. Assist in the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements
• Understand requirements, conduct detailed design, determine level of effort, plan work breakdown structures and implementation approach
• Perform installation, development, configuration, integration and testing activities. Collaborate with senior staff and the engagement project manager as required during difficult customer situations. Work in conjunction with colleagues and the Product Support organization to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations
• Perform code reviews and periodic quality checks to ensure delivery quality is maintained
• Prepare, maintain and submit activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures. Keep project managers informed of activities and alert of any issues promptly. Provide inputs as part of engagement closure on project learnings and suggest improvements
• Provide knowledge transfer to team members, train staff personnel, provide on the job guidance and mentoring and conduct training sessions to customer personnel when authorized by management
• Adhere to processes and methodologies to perform the required function. Report deviations from defined processes to the engagement project manager and recommend associated improvements
What it takes:
• Excellent grasp of the principles of Enterprise Content Management systems concepts.
• Must have hands on experience supporting / trouble shooting DCTM 6.5 and above environments.
• Must have hand on support experience on Documentum Content Server, D2 , DQL,WDK ,
• Good understanding of object-oriented programming, Web Services, LDAP configuration, and RDBMS concepts
• Good understanding ITSL tool and ITIL Process (Incident / Problem Managememt)
• Working knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems
• Strong analytical skills combined with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with geographically distributed teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good team and interpersonal skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.