Location: India, HyderabadApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a Staff Software Engineer you will utilize superior knowledge and experience to perform highly complex product architecture, design, systems analysis, research, maintenance, troubleshooting and other programming activities. You will also play a key role in the development of work teams by providing others with direction and leadership. You will also be involved in cross-team planning activities such as providing status updates and coordinating activities.
You are great at:
• Develop and maintain test strategies and test cases while performing all testing activities including functional, integration and regression testing
• Design/Develop/Maintain the Automation Framework. Also setup regular execution test-beds for continuous delivery
• Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently
• Evaluate and communicate test coverage, *red flags- and anomalies to the Scrum team to aid in making the decision to certify releases.
• Work with a diverse set of enterprise applications
• Perform business/requirements analysis and identify requirements traceability
• Have expertise in Scrum and can help team members create automation strategies for new features
• Architect, implement and manage automated suites of black-box and white-box test script
• Utilize tools such as code coverage tools to assess the coverage of test suites and make recommendations for additional test cases.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent with 8+ years of experience with test-driven, behaviour-driven, or acceptance test-driven developments
• Excellent knowledge of QA methodology and Software development processes like Agile
• Experience in testing complex enterprise level applications
• Understanding Web Browser Forensics like browser history, cache, cookies, searches, downloads, timestamps etc...
• Knowledge of Computer hardware like booting process, partitions, file systems like FAT, NTFS, different storage mediums,
• Conducting File signature analysis like understanding application binding, managing the file signatures
• Understanding Hash Analysis like MD5 hash, hash sets, hash libraries etc…
• Fluent in object-oriented programming with minimum 3 years of use of OO languages (C++, C# Only Please ) for development or QA purposes
• Knowledge of basic Windows system administration and tools
• Extensive experience with various types of testing including unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, usability and end-to-end testing
• Experience testing complex, multi-threaded, and multi-component products
• Experience with API testing or integration
• Strong working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
• Debugging and Crash Log Analysis/Review
• Experience with automated load/stress and performance testing and tools
• Strong ability to work in fast-paced environment and ability to multitask with ease is essential to the success of this position
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable building and maintaining test systems from scratch
• Experience with virtual environment such as VMWare
• Innovative, analytical approach to solving complex test problems and performing troubleshooting
• Track record of leading complex test projects in a hands-on way and mentoring others in test automation design and implementation
• EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) certification is a plus.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.