The HR Shared Services Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of all employee compensation and provides support to employees, managers, HR Business Partners and HR Shared Services utilizing regional expertise on the hire-to-retire process, within the global policy framework.
General Payroll Support:
• Provide support and advice to HR Shared Services colleagues related to administrative processes in the payroll cycle
• Provide subject matter expertise within HR and to other cross - functional departments ensuring quality service and timely issue resolution
• Monitor & handle payroll related requests through ITSM system, email, drop-ins and calls on the general HR phone line throughout the day professionally and promptly and escalate to appropriate HR representative as needed. (eg. Legislative queries, complex situations, errors in calculation, etc)
• Maintain confidentiality and ensure security of personal and company data are in accordance with legislative guidelines, company policies and procedures
• Adhere to all applicable labour laws and regulations, vendor contracts and company policies
Day To Day Operations:
• Liaise with Payroll providers, colleagues across HR, Variable Compensation and Finance throughout the pay process
• Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
• Review and audit data entry and interfaced data processed by HRSS colleagues
• Process complex data including but not limited to Stock Option, LTIP, OTIP and Director Fee programs
• Approve and transmit payroll data to 3rd party vendors
• Verification and reconciliation of payroll outputs, and resolution of discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
• Approve payroll run into production
• Ensure that all necessary government filings and remittances relative to payroll are made in a timely manner including but not limited to garnishments, tax slips and taxes
• Initiate payment and associated reporting for various benefit programs, including retirement savings programs, meal vouchers, transit passes and salary sacrifice programs
• Liaise with Treasury team each pay period to ensure appropriate and timely bank account funding
• Calculation and processing of manual payments when required
• Identify and process taxable benefits.
• Deal with requests and correspondence promptly and efficiently.
• Stay abreast of legislative changes and compliance issues.
• Initiate and obtain required approvals for all payroll related payments (employee net pay, taxes, social taxes, benefits, etc), liaising with Treasury to ensure appropriate funding of bank accounts. Validate that payments are released timely and as expected