ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality. The Opportunity:
Reporting to Field Marketing, the Account Development Representative provides the link between Field Sales and Marketing in OpenText and are accountable for developing pipeline for Sales. This involves developing qualified opportunities from account profiles, qualify and identify leads from Field Marketing and Account Development led campaigns and nurturing opportunities until Sales are ready to receive them. Account Development is not a Sales role, although involves working closely with the Sales teams.
In addition, Account Development is required to promote OpenText events and to maintain accurate customer and contact information in Salesforce.com.
The role will vary slightly from office to office based on the numbers of Sales, Field Marketing and Account Development Representatives in each office.
• Follow up of all incoming enquiries from phone, web and email.
• Conduct outbound opportunity development from account profiles. Develop account profiles while building customer/prospect relationships and engaging in opportunity discovery. Work with Sales teams and Field Marketing to develop Account Based Marketing plans for given accounts.
• Conduct outbound opportunity development as part of Field Marketing Campaigns: targeting specific personas, engage in opportunity discovery, by phone and email, recording progress and new information gathered about target personas.
• Follow up leads created by Field Marketing and develop into opportunities, recording progress in Salesforce.com
• Identify and assign new leads, track activity and maintain all information in Salesforce.com.
• Engage in campaign testing and piloting with selected groups of customers or prospects and provide feedback to Field Marketing and/or Sales
• Meet and where possible exceed individual goals set for pipeline and lead generation from both AD and FM lead sources.
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services, relevant industry trends, and competition.
• Promote and drive attendance to OpenText events. What about attending events on behalf of OpenText where necessary and appropriate to the role? Mentioned below in hours of work.
• Engage in the ongoing development of the Account Development role. Participate in relevant Marketing education and stay current with tele-prospecting best practices.
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitude
The position requires the following skills and knowledge:
• Previous experience of telemarketing, tele-prospecting, or other marketing support experience in a software or high technology company
• Excellent oral communication skills, especially via the telephone
• Ability to digest and understand campaign briefs and their associated enablement information
• Capable of planning and conducting outbound calls as part of a campaign and to work to a campaign schedule
• Strong customer empathy and customer service skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team, including working with both Field Marketing staff and Sales people
• Experience with Microsoft Office & a contact management system. Salesforce.com experience is preferred but not essential
• Ability to plan work in a methodical fashion
• Good writing skills
• Adaptable to change and working in a fast paced environment