ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As the Product Manager, you will work with OpenText colleagues from different teams and departments to ensure commercial success of the product. You will be the evangelist for your product, drive innovations and provide knowledge transfer for other roles.
One of your core responsibilities will be to define the product strategy and to execute the roll-out to the OpenText field organization and to OpenText business partners. In close collaboration with the R&D team you will prioritize feature development and deliver new versions of the product in time and in quality.
As product owner, you will be the ultimate responsible stakeholder for strategic product direction, roadmap and product delivery to our clients.
This position is accountable for, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Collect and prioritize market requirements (from Go-To-Market teams, customers, competitors, partners, industry analysts, sales and R&D)
• Define the long-term product roadmap and specify product versions on theme and user story level.
• Collaborate with other product managers and product marketing managers to coordinate product features and to execute 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, collateral, events and lead-generation programs.
• Work with the product design group (UXD) to develop customer use cases, personas and scenarios, as well as user interface design and maintain close contact with the software development group to refine product specifications.
• Define demo scenarios, and support Technical Marketing in setting up demo environments.
• Work with key customers, consultants and sales to acquire and respond to product feedback for future product releases, and communicate roadmap details.
• Understand product competitors and support development of competitive responses for sales and marketing.
• Perform sales support activities including product demonstrations, proof of concept development, presentations.
• Up to 20% travel may be required.
You are great at:
• Strong experience in SAP based business processes
• Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and business oriented
• Effective at influencing and convincing others into action yet able to also be a good team member/player.
• Understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives and derive product requirements.
• Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution.
• Proactively interacts and establishes rapport with people of diverse styles, backgrounds and job positions/levels.
• Comfortable in sales situations
What it takes:
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies
• Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff
• Accustomed to work in an international environment involving multiple development sites in different time zones.
• Strong communication and presentation skills in English
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivale
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.