Location: US, MD, GaithersburgApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As an Public Sector Account Executive at Open Text you will help a group of named account customers in the Civilian market space use information to successfully accomplish their mission. You are part of a global team of highly skilled and entrepreneurial Federal professionals who understand that their customers are experiencing unprecedented change.
OT is looking for an energetic, highly motivated hunter, with a proven ability to prospect and identify new opportunities in a combination of green field and installed accounts (preferably with experience selling to Civilian accounts). You must be willing to go to where the business is, and sustain a cadence that includes a high amount of activity and face-to-face meetings. You need to be comfortable with complex sales cycles. If so, your track record of successful attainment of your targets will be rewarded with one of the most competitive compensation packages in the industry.
You are great at:
• Prospecting and proactively engaging new and existing customer contacts
•.Consultative selling and intensely listening to your customers.
• Identifying and converting pipeline opportunities into sales.
• Skillfully executing each phase of the sales process from pipeline generation to closing the deal.
• Masterful client presentations and running effective meetings.
• Clearly articulating the value proposition of solutions and products and the endless possibilities of the digital enterprise to your customers.
• Collaboration across all internal teams and resources to ensure you bring the best solution to your clients.
What it takes:
• You have a track record of at least five years of B2B federal selling.
• You have experience working in an environment that required proactive outbound prospecting and creating new sales.
• You have expert knowledge of the B2B buying process and know all your key competitors and closely follow industry trends.
• You deploy advanced sales methodologies and tools to achieve and exceed your targets.
• Whether it’s the challenge of developing new accounts or finding untapped opportunities in your existing client base, the opportunity to grow our business is what drives your efforts every day.
• You are intellectually curious, easily grasp new products and solutions, and bring the spirit of innovation to your customers.
• You are willing to travel at least 50% of the time.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act