OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity:
If you love building / improving software that users actually love to use, then we’re looking for you and you’ll enjoy what we will ask of you. As a Senior Product Manager in the Business Network business unit you will join a dynamic and a fast paced team, work cross-functionally to solves problems in supply chain processes such as procure to pay, order to cash, purchase to pay, order & invoice life cycle management, procurement, deductions etc. across industry verticals such Retail, CPG, GMA, and automotive.
The Senior Product Manager will be primarily responsible for the overall product strategy of existing applications that support the numerous supply chain processes, drives the definition and the delivery of product releases and is responsible for the full life cycle of the product. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. This role will require a strong understanding of B2B transactions, SaaS solutions and managed services delivery and support models.
The Sr Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan for a product. They maintain close relationships with the market (customers, evaluators, and potentials) for awareness of market needs, defining market requirements, development of solutions, package the features into product releases and manage Agile product backlogs. She/he works closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. This position involves close interaction with sales, marketing, development leads, product architects, and key customers. A strong technical background is required.
You are great at:
• Discovering and validating market problems (both existing and future customers)
• Seeking new market opportunities by leveraging the company’s distinctive competence
• Providing oversight of strategy, technical, and marketing aspects of the product
• Creating and maintaining the business plan including pricing
• Determining buy/build/partner decisions
• Approving final marketing and go-to-market plans
• Conducting technology assessments
• Determining integration approach and plan
• Analyzing the competitive landscape
• Working with key customers, analysts and members of the field organization to gather requirements for future releases and feedback on current releases.
• Maintaining the product roadmap and represent it for the product internally and externally
• Monitoring and incorporating industry innovations
• Defining user personas for individual products
• Writing and prioritizing product requirements and use cases
• Working closely with product developments scrum teams to ensure product is built to specifications
• Assisting the documentation group in developing released documentation and guides
What it takes:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in information systems, business, supply chain, or logistics & transportation. MBA is a plus.
• Experience in defining and managing horizontal or vertical software solutions, either through product management or equivalent activities.
• 5-7+ years Product Management and/or Business Analyst experience in B2B software industry, integration services, or enterprise resource planning software.
• Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations, proven through former activities
• Strong background in consumer or enterprise software user experience strategy, design, and development
• More than 5 years of experience in SaaS solutions.
• Ability to handle large-scale project management for concurrent initiatives
• Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle process and methodologies
• Strong communication and presentation skills in English language
• Willingness to travel globally approximately 10%
• Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, business oriented
• Strong leadership skills
• Effective at influencing and convincing others into action yet able to also be a good team member/player
• Ability to manage in a very fast paced environment with multiple high-level priorities.
• Enthusiastic, sees problems as opportunities, and proactively develops knowledge and skills needed.
• Understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives, the problems, challenges and opportunities customers face in their businesses and how customers use, or could use, the product(s) to address them.
• Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution.
• Proactively interacts and establishes rapport with people of diverse styles, backgrounds and job positions/levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
• Accustomed to work in an international environment involving multiple development sites on various time zones
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.