Location: US, MD, GaithersburgApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
Design, develop and modify software systems using scientific analyses and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Conduct multi-disciplinary research, and work with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems software.
- Use knowledge of and experience with designing, developing, troubleshooting, and debugging MediaBin applications, inclusive of MediaBin Web Services, MediaBin RMM UI, MediaBin Portal Client Application, MediaBin Deployment Agent, REST Services and Exstream Live Application Library platform.
- Use knowledge of and experience working with Spring Framework, Hibernate, Spring Security, JSON, LDAP, SOAP and REST services to perform duties.
- Use knowledge of and experience with image and video manipulation tools such as ImageMagick and FFmpeg etc.
- Develop workflow and custom software for content federation from MediaBin Digital Asset Management system with Enterprise application and third party cloud storage drives such as Google Drive.
- Develop advance concepts and strategies for cloud deployment of MediaBin Digital Asset Management infrastructure and integration with content delivery network (CDN) and social channels for consumption and distribution of digital assets for reliable and fast delivery of digital content.
- Act as scrum master (Agile Methodologies) for MediaBin Portal Client applications.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, defining architecture and implement software development life cycle with development teams distributed globally.
Work with product owner to define and adjust the scope as required to manage and meet Agile Methodology sprint release goals.
- Ensure product release meets quality goals and agile teams adhere to defined processes (reviews, audits, guidelines, and test automation).
- Define and track compliance of critical processes, code coverage, code complexity, security and performance and efficiency metrics.
- Responsible for content automation, engaging key marketing stakeholders understanding and refining use case analyses, change management and ensuring adoption from core critical community.
- Design and implement search/index architecture application systems using IDOL and SOLR indexing system for meaning-based search in Content Management Applications and MediaBin Digital Asset Management applications.
Use knowledge of and experience with architecture and implementation to plan and develop Digital Asset Management platforms for marketing groups catering to internal marketing teams, agencies and partners.
- Develop organization-wide architectures and methodologies on Digital Asset Management systems, software and technologies across multiple engineering disciplines for marketing optimization organization.
- Integrate suggestions, updates, and innovations on collaboration and social platform into overall architecture for Digital Asset Management product.
- Frequent travel to client sites required as assigned by employer (10% travel to various unanticipated worksites throughout US.). May telecommute; occasional travel to HQ office (Gaithersburg, MD) reqd.
Must have a MS in CS, Electronics Engineering, Eng. (Any), or related field and 2 years’ experience in the job offer, or willing to accept a BS in CS, Electronics Engineering, Eng. (any), or related field and 5 years’ experience in the job offer.