Location: US, MD, GaithersburgApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Exstream Solution Architect
- Analyze customer requirements to design the solution architecture and integration for Exstream solutions.
- Lead client Exstream resources and partner resources in the implementation of Exstream solutions.
- Design solution architecture for integration projects of Exstream, including orchestration of publishing tasks and steps, optimization of logging, fault detection, error handling and channel delivery, all aligning with a client’s strategies and goals.
- Use knowledge of and experience with architecting, designing, and developing communication applications as well as consult and train clients on deployment on the Exstream product set including the following products:
• Exstream Interactive/Live
• Exstream Command Center/Delivery Manager
• Exstream Connectors (Queues, Email)
• Exstream Remote Collaboration
• Exstream Empower
• Exstream EWS (Engine As Web Service)
- Use knowledge of and experience with the following for integration between various products, including the Exstream product set:
• XML/XSL/XLST, HTML/DHTML, JSON, JQuery
• SOA/SOAP/Web services, REST Communication
• Oracle Databases, MS SQL Database, MY SQL Databases
• SQL Queries (including PL/SQL),
• C/C++, .NET, Java
• Web Application Servers (IBM Websphere, Oracle, Tomcat, Jboss, Jetty)
• Messaging Middleware (IBM Websphere Message Queues, Oracle Message Queues, Microsoft Message Queues)
• Visual Basic (Visual C+, ATL, VB scripts, .NET), ActiveX Components (COM/COM+DCOM
• Basic system administration experience with Unix, Linux, and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
• Spring Framework, PPTX4J Framework, and Spring Security
• iText Conversion utility for PDF to Text and Text Files to PDF conversion
• Creation of Sequence & Class Diagrams for custom code
- Use knowledge of and experience leading the development, deployment, and technical quality of small, medium, and large business unit level projects including Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) based Integration Frameworks using Java, J2EE, Web Services, XML and Oracle technologies and using software engineering project life cycle and systems modeling software, including Microsoft Visio and IBM’s Rational Rose.
- Use knowledge of and experience with the following Output File Formats to perform duties - PostScript, AFP, PDF, Empower, HTML, HTML (email), Live, PCL, PDF / A, Power point, RTF, TIFF, TOP, VDX, XML (composed), XML (content), XML (multi-channel), .DOCX, Microsoft Word, and JSON.
- Use knowledge of and experience with creating documentation of architecture, design, development, and integration involving Exstream products with that of Customer Applications.
- Lead large projects using formal project management approaches, including:
• Assist with project scope and timelines
• Assist with task prioritization to ensure the effective resource utilization
• Develop or assist in developing detailed project plans and work breakdown structures
• Update or assist with updating project plans as needed
• Provide weekly report status
• Report any issues immediately, provide options for resolutions with escalation when needed
• Complete tasks within specified timelines
• Assist in managing meetings
• Assist with any project documentation and project completion documentation
• When needed, perform root cause analysis using fish bone diagrams to find the reasons for delays
-Use knowledge of and experience with managing small to large projects throughout the complete project lifecycle.
-Use knowledge of and experience with graphical design or desktop publishing applications, including WaveMaker.
Must have Master’s degree in IT, CS, Computer Applications, or related field and 2 or more years’ experience in the job offer; or a Bachelor's degree in IT, CS, Computer Applications, or related field, and 5 or more years’ experience in the job offer.
Frequent travel to client sites required as assigned by employer (50% travel to various unanticipated worksites throughout US.). May telecommute; occasional travel to HQ office (Gaithersburg, MD) reqd.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com