ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
A Senior Technical Architect is engaged on the implementation of OpenText solutions to customers. The focus is on design of the technical architecture and technical lead of the infrastructure part of the project.
The role is centred on delivery, either on site on remotely. Working within a core team of consultants, the individual will be a senior resource, possessing a very strong technical knowledge base. Often taking the technical lead role, the consultant will be responsible for scoping, designing and implementing OpenText software, normally into large and complex environments. The consultant will in many cases have the functional lead of the technical team of the implementation.
Working in close collaboration with the OpenText project manager, the consultant will be required to own the technical delivery of the architecture.
The role requires the consultant to work towards a billable utilisation target of 74% of available hours.
The position is customer facing and requires excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders (internally and externally) both orally and in writing.
There will be travel to national and occasionally international locations, with an expectation for site-based management where appropriate.
The consultant will also possess strong commercial skills that will help drive ongoing Professional Services revenue through existing and new customers.
You are great at:
• Consulting with existing and new customers with a view to driving PS engagements
• Assisting in requirements gathering activities
• Deliver OpenText technology to customers
• Interacting with both customer and internal Open Text project stakeholders in order to articulate specific technical options and decisions in a concise and clear manner.
• Contributing to bids requiring professional input as well as providing estimating expertise during the sales cycle.
• Actively using and contributing to the project management standards and quality checks used within Open Text Global Services
• Managing expectations and responsibilities for all client and internal stakeholders.
What it takes:
• Vast experience working closely with the OpenText ECM technology stack or similar products
• A sound knowledge of the OpenText product suite, but especially Content Server and SAP related modules:
-Content Suite platform, Extended ECM platform and integrations, OTDS, Archive Server, Email Management, AGA
• Awareness of the wider OpenText Technology Stack: Process Suite, Media Manager, OTIC
• Exceptional technical knowledge of the architecture of Content Suite platform
• Excellent communication skills that will promote trust and clarity with customers and at all levels
• Commercial awareness that will drive OpenText revenue
• Strategic planning skills that will drive customer adoption of OpenText technology across the organisation
• Business Development skills with demonstrable experience of farming user bases and new customers
• Excellent knowledge and experience working of IT infrastructure, networking and Oracle/SQL database layers
• Time management skills that will enable projects to be delivered on time and on budget
• Fluent German and English
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org