ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Technical Support Engineer will provide accurate and timely systems level expertise to standard systems level customer issues. The Engineer will work support issues that are complex in nature and carry varying priority levels based on set standards and are expected to manage appropriately. The Technical Support Engineer will work with internal and external customers to identify and resolve issues with differing complexity while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction. The customers are enterprise level support technicians and will expect the Engineer to be very well-versed technically, have a high level understanding of the products, and provide enterprise-level support. Do to the often complex nature of the product and issue, the Engineer is expected to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues.
You are great at:
- Performing support primarily via the telephone and E-mail for internal and external customers
- Researching, resolving, and recording all levels of product related questions and issues from customers within given support guidelines
- Effectively communicating procedural and routine technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment
- Timely monitoring and tracking of service tickets to include status updates at regular intervals
- Working with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Engineering in testing fixes for product resolution
- Writing technical documents for both the OpenText communities and knowledge base
What it takes:
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment with a very dynamic atmosphere
- Requires strong internal and external customer interaction skills via phone and e-mail to ensure the highest customer satisfaction while maintaining service level objectives.
- Ability to multitask and monitor/track multiple service tickets, to include regular status updates to customers utilizing tracking database
- Need to be capable of issue recreation and analysis at system level utilizing various tools
- Ability to research through Knowledge Base and identify documents for troubleshooting and when not found, requiring document creation
- Strong technical skills working with Linux and/or Microsoft Windows OS/Server
- Basic knowledge in networking and databases
- As a 24x7x365 organization; shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org