OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Principal Analyst provides technical support for Documentum customers as a dedicated support resource. The Principal Analyst is the primary contact for Documentum support customers and must have very strong technical and analytical skills along with a deep knowledge of Documentum products and surrounding technology.
You are great at:
- Working closely with the customer’s IT staff for any issues on the prescribed product line(s) that require troubleshooting or problem isolation / resolution.
- Directly accessing other senior technical resources at OpenText’s support facilities for assistance with problem management.
- Conducting regular conference calls (or other regular communications mutually agreed to) to lead, discuss, and review open issues or other activities related to support for the specified product line.
- Conducting business reviews at agreed upon intervals (monthly, quarterly, etc.) to discuss upcoming product release, review support activity and tools, and other matters related to support for the specified product line(s).
- Participating in Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) as requested.
- Troubleshoot complex customer issues involving multiple layers of technology and recommending and implementing multiple layers of tracing (Documentum, application server, database, network, etc.) to isolate issues.
- Installing VMware images of Documentum solutions that resemble customer deployments to aid in issue replication and resolution.
- Collecting and analyzing heap dumps to troubleshoot memory and heap related issues and thread dumps to troubleshoot slow and hanging application server issues.
- Working directly with OpenText engineering and product management to report product defects and assist with highly escalated customer issues.
What it takes:
- 8-12 years of technical support experience
- Deep understanding of the Documentum product suite, particularly with regards to administration and troubleshooting and ideally experience with newer products such as D2, xCP, xPlore, and Webtop.
- Solid understanding of OS System Administration (Windows Server.)
- Experience with database administration and performance tuning (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Working knowledge of J2EE technologies. This includes an understanding of web application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, etc.), Web services frameworks, and Java programming.
- Ability to understand and use various programming languages and technologies is a plus (C++, VB script, VB etc.).
- Ability to work independently and be the primary OpenText technical representative for the customer.
- 10 – 15 % Travel is required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommdation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com