OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. #LI-POSLI-POST
We are looking for responsible, technology savvy and trustworthy individuals to join our Technical Support team. You will perform a variety of professional duties around providing technical support to internal, partner, and external customer contacts. You must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under deadlines. Problem analysis, customer support skills, and previous work experience in enterprise information systems is must. Uses knowledge gained from prior job related experience to independently determine service level severity and assess when and how to escalate to other resources within the organization. Identifies, develops and implements problem resolutions and follows standard practices and procedures. Will be expected to develop and participate in solutions training and problem resolutions skills development.
You are Great at:
- Handle support calls and emails from opentext customers, partners, and internal resources (e.g. consultants)
- Reproduce and perform in-depth analysis of customer issues to help determine causes, workarounds, and solutions
- Collect diagnostic data and perform troubleshooting. Utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution. Leads efforts in facilitating problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues.
- Effectively communicates procedural and routine technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a *closed-loop- communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution with Technical Support Departments and, as appropriate, to Customers.
- May provide documentation and direct feedback to Account Managers, Sales and other opentext Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- Identify and interpret interoperability and support matrixes. Identifies, reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within Technical Support Departments.
- Escalate customer issues to opentext escalation and engineering teams as necessary and ensure fixes and patches are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Participate in the maintenance of opentext online support resources, such as knowledge bases, tutorials, and technical articles, whitepapers etc.
- Participate in the growth of opentext customer support team, including training of new team members, contributing to reviews of technologies, standards, and processes
- Help drive Support projects as assigned by management.
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required