ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
We are looking for responsible, technology savvy and trustworthy individuals to join OPENTEXT ECD product Technical Support team. You will perform a variety of professional duties around providing technical support to internal, partner, and external customer contacts. You must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under deadlines. Problem analysis, customer support skills, and previous work experience in enterprise information systems is must. Uses knowledge gained from prior job related experience to independently determine service level severity and assess when and how to escalate to other resources within the organization. Identifies, develops and implements problem resolutions and follows standard practices and procedures. Will be expected to develop and participate in solutions training and problem resolutions skills development.
You are Great at:
- Handle support calls and emails from OPENTEXT customers, partners, and internal resources (e.g. consultants)
- Cover Live chat on regular basis by providing quick guidance and assistance in real-time for customer.
- Reproduce and perform in-depth analysis of customer issues to help determine causes, workarounds, and solutions
- Collect diagnostic data and perform troubleshooting. Utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution. Leads efforts in facilitating problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues.
- Effectively communicates procedural and routine technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a “closed-loop” communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution with Technical Support Departments and, as appropriate, to Customers.
- May provide documentation and direct feedback to Account Managers, Sales and other OPENTEXT Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- Identify and interpret interoperability and support matrixes. Identifies, reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within Technical Support Departments.
- Escalate customer issues to OPENTEXT escalation and engineering teams as necessary and ensure fixes and patches are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Participate in the maintenance of OPENTEXT online support resources, such as knowledge bases, tutorials, and technical articles, whitepapers etc.
- Participate in the growth of OPENTEXT customer support team, including training of new team members, contributing to reviews of technologies, standards, and processes
- Help drive Support projects as assigned by management.
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Position prefers a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry related experience.
- Pursuing or is established as SME in 2+ identified technical areas.
- Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge with major software/hardware vendor.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to react quickly to interrupt driven workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, including organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills.
- A strong sense of urgency and professionalism is essential.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision.
- Must possess excellent research/technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to support and communicate with customers over the phone or preferred communication method by customer.
- Experience in OS administration (Windows, Red Hat Linux) and troubleshooting with ability to analyze common system logs and dumps.
- Good knowledge of one or more relational databases (Oracle, SQL*Server), and ability to perform RDBMS tracing/DB performance tuning. Or fundamental knowledge of at least 1 programming language or development technology (preferably Java).
- Thorough understanding of N-Tiers Architecture. Basic understanding of Object Oriented Architecture.
- Understanding of Java and experience in administering at least one Java Applications Server (preferably JBoss, Tomcat and WebSphere).
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and applications. Understanding of Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Load Balancers and Portals. Ability to perform network tracing and monitoring.
- Internal candidates should demonstrate specific knowledge of OPENTEXT Documentum products.
- Familiarity with Customer Service Technical Support and/or customer facing/orientated environments is preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years using Documentum Products
Languages: Arabic or European Language (preferably German, Spanish, French, or Italian) in addition to English
- Experience Required: 4+ Years
- Programming experience and advanced understanding of programming language or development technology (Java, XML, HTML, C++, HTML, SQL).
- Experience with Documentum.
- Experience with Eclipse Java development IDE
- Exposure to network sniffer tools (Fiddler, Charles, Wireshark, etc.).
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org