OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
We are looking for responsible, technology savvy and trustworthy individuals to join OPENTEXT ECD product Technical Support team. You will perform a variety of professional duties around providing technical support to internal, partner, and external customer contacts. You must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under deadlines. Problem analysis, customer support skills, and previous work experience in enterprise information systems is must. Accepts escalated requests from other technical team members; makes independent decisions to determine service level severity and assess when and how to escalate to other resources. Helps develop and participates in training and skills development of others.
You are Great at:
- Handle support calls and emails from OPENTEXT customers, partners, and internal resources (e.g. consultants)
- Cover Live chat on regular basis by providing quick guidance and assistance in real-time for customer.
- Reproduce and perform in-depth analysis of customer issues to help determine causes, workarounds, and solutions
- Collect diagnostic data and perform troubleshooting. Utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution. May provide documentation and direct feedback to Account Managers, Sales and other OPENTEXT Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates procedural and routine technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a “closed-loop” communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution with Technical Support Departments and, as appropriate, to Customers.
- May identify and interpret interoperability and support matrixes. Provides input to training programs and/or serviceability enhancements as requested by the Technical Support Departments. Reviews training materials and procedural documentation as requested.
- Escalate customer issues to OPENTEXT escalation and engineering teams as necessary and ensure fixes and patches are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Participate in the maintenance of OPENTEXT online support resources, such as knowledge bases, tutorials, and technical articles, whitepapers etc.
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Position prefers an Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry related experience. 2 + years of technical experience in relevant industry.
- Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge with major software/hardware vendor support methodology and procedures.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to react quickly to interrupt driven workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, which include organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills.
- A strong sense of urgency and professionalism is essential.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess excellent research/technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to support and communicate with customers over the phone or preferred communication method by customer.
- Good operating systems knowledge and troubleshooting skills (Windows, RedHat Linux).
- Knowledge of one or more relational databases (Oracle, SQL*Server), or fundamental knowledge of at least 1 programming language or development technology (preferably Java).
- Fundamental understanding of Java and knowledge of at least one Java Applications Server (preferably JBoss or Tomcat, WebSphere is a plus).
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and applications. Understanding of Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Load Balancers and Portals. Ability to perform network tracing and monitoring.
- Internal candidates should demonstrate specific knowledge of OPENTEXT Documentum products. Familiarity with Customer Service Technical Support and/or customer facing/orientated environments is preferred.
- Experience Required: 2+ Years
- Programming experience and fundamental understanding of programming language or development technology (Java, XML, HTML, C++, HTML, SQL).
- Experience with Documentum
- Experience with Eclipse Java development IDE
- Exposure to network sniffer tools (Fiddler, Charles, Wireshark, etc.).
- 1+ year experience as a technical support engineer.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com