ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Technical Solutions Consultant provides expert technical assistance to our customers. Technical Solutions Consultants are distinguished by their technical expertise and problem-solving abilities, by their timeliness and reliable follow-through, and by their resourcefulness in diagnosing and researching solutions.
You are Great at:
- Successfully resolving software technical issues from incoming internal or external businesses and end user’s contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Responding to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission-critical).
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Ability to act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
- Reviewing and may resolve complex business issues.
- Excellent communication skills. Add case resolution to Knowledge Management System (KMS).
- Understanding and utilize Information Technology Information Library (ITIL).
- Representing and participate on a team in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
- Partnering frequently with the Sales Pursuit team.
- Comfortable managing technical issue as well as customer business impact and ability to blend and appreciate these aspects in communication with customer
What it takes:
- Vocational: apprenticeship/certification completion. May be technical or non-technical. May include on the- job training in addition to studies. In some locations, completion may be recognized by diploma. Advanced programs may be 7+ years.
- Business Analyst (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) or equivalent experience preferred. 10+ years’ experience in relevant technologies and customer environments. Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior customer service skills and customer service attitude
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
- Ability to lead resolution activities with escalated customers
- Ability to learn quickly and work as a member of a team
- Must enjoy working with people and have a happy and helpful disposition
- Excellent time management skills to effectively prioritize and work multiple issues
Technical Skills Required:
- Database experience such as Oracle or SQL Server is required. Installation/write queries/performance/administration
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows Server, Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Networking, Firewalls and troubleshooting, and traffic analysis, (e.g. Wireshark)
- Good working knowledge and troubleshooting experience of Webservers and Application Servers. IIS/WebSphere/WebLogic/apache/tomcat/Jboss.
- Knowledge of various authentication methods (AD, PAM, LDAP)
- XML, XSLT and Perl scripting
- Experience in supporting/troubleshooting Java based applications is required
- Experience with Internet applications and one or more web programming/scripting languages is required
- Dump analysis and Performance monitoring knowledge a bonus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com