Function: Technical Support
Location: Ireland, Cork
Region: EMEAApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
You will be joining a team that provides world class technical customer support to a variety of enterprise customers while working across business units to ensure that customer satisfaction is met in every form. The successful candidate will be working in a highly functioning team consisting of Product Analysts and Senior Product Analysts that work effectively together to reach a common goal.
You are great at:
• Representing the client, acting as first point of contact for all technical inquiries regarding E-docs and its integration into external environments.
• Utilizing exceptional written and verbal communication skills while supporting customers via telephone, email, or web chat, while demonstrating a high level of customer focus and empathy
• Meet established service delivery guidelines and key performance indicators that are measured through customer satisfaction surveys, phone based activities, and schedule adherence.
• Show an understanding of the customer environment and product enabling resolution of complex technical issues and providing alternative support options which may not be related to the products directly.
• Act as a key point of contact for customers follow up and incident management, while maintaining ITSM with updates and resolution.
• Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including development to document software defects and customer suggestions.
• Contributing to the knowledge base by authoring and editing articles to share current information with team members.
• Using professional/technical knowledge, guided by known practices and established precedents, make decisions within defined parameters to impact schedules and deliverables of the project/function.
• Work under general guidance with results reviewed periodically, seeking approval from others on matters outside of job or role as needed.
• Participate in problem solving usually pertinent to project deliverables and requiring the analysis of several factors. Solutions are determined within broadly defined methods and techniques and may require the application of specific professional/technical knowledge to develop solutions.
What it takes:
• Previous experience working within a technical support environment
• Solid foundation working with Windows OS and Outlook
• Experience working with enterprise database product and technology as well as an understanding of SQL
• Programming skills or understanding (VB, C#).
• Previous experience configuring HTTP and application servers
• Understanding of Networking and network technology
• Basic knowledge of MS Exchange and SharePoint would be an asset
• Strong desire to provide exceptional customer support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution
• Proven experience working in a fluid environment that is ever growing and changing
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
• Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.