ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
As a Senior Support Engineer you will provide overall Tier 2 escalation management and technical solutions when issues are reported Tier 1, including but not limited to, review of open issues on a daily basis, updating our customers on the status of their escalated cases, and assisting in the reproduction of issues
You are Great at:
- Provide proactive troubleshooting assistance to your specific product
- Manage customer issues on multiple environments, provide accurate and detailed analysis of reported issue
- Record and document all issues related to customers both internal and external
- Conference call availability to resolve product issues
- Log all testing, troubleshooting and research done in process of resolution
- Responsible for Customer and Internal Updates
- Produce articles for submission into the current knowledgebase
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and professionalism
- Creation of product troubleshooting guides to assist support teams
- Provide effective and timely communication to support teams and customers
- Document issues within the call tracking system
- Maintain a current level of knowledge on OpenText VAN Messaging products
- Must possess and display understanding of application functionality, relational database architecture, operating systems, and communication protocols.
- Provide after hour support based on an on call rotation schedule and is expected to carry a company provided pager or cell phone for escalation purposes.
- Must be flexible in terms of scheduling as there may be a requirement for additional resource support after working hours, weekends and/or holidays.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Security, or related field preferred
- Understanding of Operating Systems such as UNIX , Linus and Windows
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills with IP protocols. Experience with server/client configuration, TCP/IP networking hardware, protocols, LAN and WAN technologies, and web security.
- Understanding of Web services and Security.
- Experience with wide variety of hardware, operating systems, and network architectures.
- Basic level knowledge of security and information gathering tools like nslookup, traceroute, ping, wireshark, tcpdump, netstat
- Basic understanding of routers, switches, proxies, or firewalls is desirable
- At least 5 years of experience in customer care/customer support
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels with customers i.e. technical /management
- Excellent at providing positive customer service
- Ability to support multiple products simultaneously
- Self-motivated takes initiative
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com