ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Technical Manager of Support
You are Great at:
- Makes day to day decisions impact the project or smaller department/function effectiveness, overall planning, scheduling and deliverables. Poor decisions can hinder the ability to meet short-term goals or milestones. Works collaboratively with direct reports.
- Makes multiple decisions using specialized knowledge or skills at the project level, including resolution of problems and the development and implementation solutions.
- Through direct reports or project teams drives the achievement of deliverables. Receives direction from senior managers.
- Assessment of the problem involves analysis and evaluation of a variety of factors, including current business trends and/or project/departmental issues which may be ambiguous and complex. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Promotes an effective team environment through clear communication of policies and procedures. Responsible for providing input into project and assignment goals and objectives. Leads the completion of multiple assignments within a project/functional environment. Effectively demonstrates leadership attributes, shares project/functional expertise. May fill role of staff member.
- Selects trains and evaluates Professional or Specialist staff or is known as an internal specialist in an area of expertise and is relied upon to provide coaching and guidance to less experienced professionals and/or others in the business. May lead projects or work teams.
- Interactions are with internal and external client groups at all levels and pertain to project/department activities. Independently gains cooperation and commitment through personal persuasiveness. Interactions may be on behalf of project/functional team members. Contributes to the overall delivery of project/department/function objectives.
What it takes:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and highly developed technical/functional skills gained through thorough knowledge from increasingly difficult work.
- Has depth and breadth of expertise and applies that expertise to the overall project/function.
- Has extensive relevant experience.
- May have specialized technical or functional expertise in a focused area or discipline. May fill the role of a staff member in complex situations and have strong Customer Orientation, Problem solving, Communication, Accountability, Leadership and Management
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org