ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Customer Support Engineer provides accurate, timely technical support to Open Text Actuate Software customers developers, system administrators and other technical contacts primarily via the telephone and E-mail. The Engineer Specialist will deal with support issues that are complex in nature, carry differing priorities and must be addressed within predetermined service levels, so the Engineer Specialist must be adept at balancing multiple priorities. In addition, the Customer Support Engineer will be handling pre-sales support calls, so must have an orientation toward sales as well. The callers will expect enterprise-level support, therefore the EngineerSpecialist will need to be well-versed technically, and fully understand customer service concepts. Other objectives are to contribute to the development of the automated, self-help tools; to collect and report upon information gathered from incidents; and to interface with Sales, Marketing, QA/Test and others as necessary. In addition, a Customer Support Engineer will carry out projects as assigned by the management staff, cooperate with other Customer Support Product EngineerSpecialists in carrying out their day-to-day duties, and represent Open Text Actuate Software in a visibly supportive manner.
You are Great at:
- Researching, resolve, and recording all levels of software questions from customers, with an emphasis on the more complex technical and application questions, quickly and repeatedly.
- Performing Support primarily via the telephone and E-mail.
- Answering all incoming support calls six or more hours per day.
- Provide Support within Actuate Software's stated service level goals.
- Record and maintain knowledge collected from each incident in accordance with the standard format.
- Work with Engineering and QA to aid in the resolution of product issues.
- Participate in the testing of new and enhanced products.
- Participate in the QA process by validating and reporting bugs reported by customers.
- Write technical documents (i.e. FAQ's, Application Briefs, etc.) both for the corporate Web site and for publication on hard copy.
- Participate in Team Meetings.
- Assisting in the attainment of Department and Company goals.
- Special Projects as assigned by Management. Examples would be helping to implement and maintain the Actuate Software knowledgebase, training new CSE's Specialists, participating in group training, etc.
- Managing projects in a supportive and helpful manner while meeting deadlines.
Other duties as required, some travel may be required.