OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Customer Support Engineer provides accurate, timely technical support to Open Text Actuate Software customers developers, system administrators and other technical contacts primarily via the telephone and E-mail. The Engineer Specialist will deal with support issues that are complex in nature, carry differing priorities and must be addressed within predetermined service levels, so the Engineer Specialist must be adept at balancing multiple priorities. In addition, the Customer Support Engineer will be handling pre-sales support calls, so must have an orientation toward sales as well. The callers will expect enterprise-level support, therefore the EngineerSpecialist will need to be well-versed technically, and fully understand customer service concepts. Other objectives are to contribute to the development of the automated, self-help tools; to collect and report upon information gathered from incidents; and to interface with Sales, Marketing, QA/Test and others as necessary. In addition, a Customer Support Engineer will carry out projects as assigned by the management staff, cooperate with other Customer Support Product EngineerSpecialists in carrying out their day-to-day duties, and represent Open Text Actuate Software in a visibly supportive manner.
You are Great at:
- Researching, resolve, and recording all levels of software questions from customers, with an emphasis on the more complex technical and application questions, quickly and repeatedly.
- Performing Support primarily via the telephone and E-mail.
- Answering all incoming support calls six or more hours per day.
- Provide Support within Actuate Software's stated service level goals.
- Record and maintain knowledge collected from each incident in accordance with the standard format.
- Work with Engineering and QA to aid in the resolution of product issues.
- Participate in the testing of new and enhanced products.
- Participate in the QA process by validating and reporting bugs reported by customers.
- Write technical documents (i.e. FAQ's, Application Briefs, etc.) both for the corporate Web site and for publication on hard copy.
- Participate in Team Meetings.
- Assisting in the attainment of Department and Company goals.
- Special Projects as assigned by Management. Examples would be helping to implement and maintain the Actuate Software knowledgebase, training new CSE's Specialists, participating in group training, etc.
- Managing projects in a supportive and helpful manner while meeting deadlines.
Other duties as required, some travel may be required.
What it takes:
- Customer Support -related position, preferably in a high-tech industry.
- Degree (or equivalent work experience) preferably in Computer Science.
- Demonstrated strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems systematically and effectively, while ensuring the highest customer satisfaction and staying within the stated service level goals.
- A proven ability to interface with customers (both on the phone and in person) in a support role.
- Fluent in at least one of the following languages: French, German or Spanish.
- Strong technical skills, including but not limited to:
Microsoft Windows (Operating System and Networking), UNIX/Linux (Operating System and Scripting)
- Knowledge of relational databases and data modeling. Proficient in data manipulation (Excel, SQL)
- Familiarity with integrated development environments such as Eclipse
- Experience with BIRT (Business Intelligence Reporting Tools) and other Actuate technologies a plus
HTTP/REST, TCP/IP, Directory Services (LDAP, Active Directory), CGI scripting, HTML,
- Knowledge of object-oriented methodologies and approaches (Java is a plus).
- Flexibility in completing assignments.
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously while accomplishing desired results.
- Ability to communicate well in all situations.
- Understanding of general business.
- Work well with little guidance in a very dynamic atmosphere.
- Work well under demanding circumstances.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org